Effective Date on: July 30, 2023
Last updated on: July 31, 2023
Your privacy is extremely important to us.
Please read it carefully.
1.Who We Are and How to Contact Us
1.1.The Zbooni Platform is owned and operated by Zbooni DMCC, located at Mazaya Business Avenue AA1, Office 3205, Jumeria Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, +971 4 5579133 (“Zbooni” or “We”).
2.Applicable Terms and Consent
3.Age of Consent and Third Party Services
3.2.You need to create an account to access and use the Zbooni Platform and in doing so, you must provide us with accurate and complete information as prompted by the registration process.
3.4.Third Party Services use, store, and disclose your information solely in accordance with their own policies. We assume no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or any other actions of any third-party website or service that may be enabled within our services or of which a link is included on the Zbooni Platform. Further, we assume no responsibility or liability for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Third Party Services.
4.Personal Data We Collect
- Identity Data includes name
- Contact Data includes country of residence, address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Data includes details of services you have purchased/sold through the Zbooni Platform
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Account Registration Data includes certain information in connection with the account registration process such as whether you registered using any Third Party Services and whether you verified your email address or phone number.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Zbooni Platform and our services.
- Login Data includes information regarding logins and activity conducted during that log in.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing and your communication preferences.
4.2.We also get information about you and your activity outside the Zbooni Platform from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example, online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure, report on or improve the performance of ads, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you.
5.How We Collect Your Personal Data
5.1.We collect personal data through one or more of the following ways:
- when you visit the Zbooni Platform we collect data regarding the particular pages you have visited or viewed, the amount of time you spent on the Zbooni Platform, the errors you experienced, your mobile device ID and IP address.
- when you register your account we collect Identity Data, Contact Data and Profile Data
- when you enter into a transaction facilitated by the Zbooni Platform
- referring websites or third parties, including social media sites
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us
- the maintenance and analysis of our server logs; and
- “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files, website server log analysis and other similar technological means.
6.How We Use Your Personal Data
6.1.We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- With your consent.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
6.2.We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
6.3.Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To communicate with you (to contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the Zbooni Platform; to verify your identity)|
|To create your account on our Zbooni Platform, to let you log in to your account and use the Zbooni Platform; to manage your account, provide you with support and ensure you are receiving quality service|
|To facilitate the purchase of products and services offered by Merchants (including but not limited to) through the Zbooni Platform|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
|To review content to detect activity that poses a risk|
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services and products that may be of interest to you|
6.4.“Performance of Contract” means processing your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you have consented to be a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
7.How We Make Sure Your Personal Data Is Secured
7.1.To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions to try to ensure that it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
7.2.We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organisational measures in relation to the processing of your personal data so that the processing will meet the requirements of applicable Data Protection Laws and ensure the protection of your rights.
7.3.We work with third-party payment processors and payment networks to provide our services. We assume no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or any other actions of the payment processors or the payment networks or any third-party website, service or service provider and refer to their respective privacy policies.
8.Retaining Personal Data
8.1.We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
8.2.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
9.1.Under certain circumstances, you have rights under applicable Data Protection Laws in relation to your personal data:
- Right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to object to processing of your personal data. You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for example for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
9.2.To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.3.You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9.4.We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
9.5.We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
9.6.Whilst we will always work with you to resolve any concerns you have about the use of your personal information, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence if you have any concerns about our use of your personal information.
9.7.It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during the period for which we hold it.
10.Protecting your fellow User’s privacy and intellectual property rights
11.1.We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
11.2.Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties for one or more of the following purposes:
11.3.For business purposes and advertising: We may share a User’s information with a Merchant and a Merchant’s information with a User only as necessary for facilitating your purchase of products and services offered by Merchants. We may also share your information with vendors and service providers, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, and vendors providing technology services and support, payment processing, and data security. We also may share information with professional advisers, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
11.5.We require all third parties to respect the security of personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
11.6.We will not otherwise share personal information with any third party except where we are permitted to under data protection laws or required to by law.
11.7.You can opt out of receiving email marketing by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link provided in all of our marketing email communications.
13.2.If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on our Zbooni Platform, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
14.1.The types of cookies and similar technologies used by us and our partners in connection with the Zbooni Platform can be classified into one of five categories, namely ‘essential website cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’, ‘advertising cookies’, and ‘social media cookies’. Cookies do a lot of different tasks to ensure you enjoy your visit to our Zbooni Platform, for example, they are used to remember your preferences on our Zbooni Platform, to help you navigate between pages more efficiently, to enable you to log into your account more easily and to make sure the adverts you see on our Zbooni Platform are relevant to you and your interests. We have set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
14.2.You can block these cookies and similar technologies by changing your browser setting. However, in relation to those that are essential for the operation or improve the functionality of the Zbooni Platform, this may impact your use of the Zbooni Platform.
|Type of cookie||What it does|
|Cookies necessary for essential website purposes||These cookies are essential to provide you with the Zbooni Platform and any services available through the Zbooni Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.|
Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Zbooni Platform for you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Zbooni Platform, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. These cookies allow us to:
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Zbooni Platform is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site.We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Zbooni Platform. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Zbooni Platform. The reports disclose Zbooni Platform trends without identifying individual visitors. For more information on Google Analytics, see here. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.These cookies allow us to:
|Social Media Cookies||On some pages of our Zbooni Platform, third parties that provide applications through our Zbooni Platform will set their own cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us.|
14.3.You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
14.4.You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Zbooni Platform more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
14.5.It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
14.6.For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
15.Final Words from Zbooni
15.1.We try to keep Zbooni safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing the Zbooni Platform “As Is” without any express or implied warranties. We do not guarantee that Zbooni will be safe or secure. We are not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
15.2.We are not responsible for data lost/exposed/used due to the nature of the Internet and digital environments, including illegal actions of hackers and criminals, technical malfunctions of servers and database etc. These are the accepted risks of our Users and users of the Internet in general. You are agreeing to this standard in using our Zbooni Platform.